LG Legal and Policy Consultant-Hirshabelle State
Title of Position: LG Legal and Policy Consultant
Duration of the assignment: 3 months with possibility of extension
Duty station: Jowhar
Supervisor: Director General of the Ministry of Interior
The technical expert will be required to develop all policies and contribute the legal drafts including policies, bylaws, MoUs, laws and
whitepapers to enhance the development of structures and functions of local governments and the future local councils in Hirshabelle
State of Somalia.
· Advice the Ministry on strategic planning and policy decisions on effective execution and coordination of donor funded activities
supporting the implementation of government vision;
· Support Hishabelle efforts to draft and adopt local government law at State Level;
· Takes responsibility for the organization and the preparation of meetings and workshops, providing policy and legal advice on their
design and overall outcome;
· Assist the Ministry in ensuring good preparation, organization and coordination of policy dialogue meetings between HirshabelleMOI
institutions and other national and international stakeholders and partners on Local Governments;
· Develops policy structures and operating procedures to improve the functionality of the Ministry,
MA in Law or related discipline.
At least 4 years of relevant experience in developing policy or legal/drafts, by laws, MoUs
· Sound understanding of the political and development context of Somalia;
Fluency in written and spoken Somali and English.
Application Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter
explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. Please send your curriculum vitae to the ministry’s office in Jowhar by
26/06/2017 or to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org and with subject line “Policy and Legal Consultant”. Ministry responds only to
the relevant candidates.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY