Livelihoods and Enterprise Development Officer
Vacancy Announcement: Livelihoods and Enterprise Development Officer
Organization: Adeso – African Development Solutions (www.adesoafrica.org)
Position Title: Livelihoods and Enterprise Development Officer
Reporting To: Program Manager
Working With: Senior Project Officer, M&E Officer and All Lower Juba Staff
Program/Duty Station: Dhobley/Afamadow Offices
Duration: One (1) Year
Starting Date: Immediately
Vacancy Contact: Please Send Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org – Adeso Will Only Respond to Shortlisted Applicants.
Adeso is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and
environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, selfreliant, and greener future. At present, Adeso has programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan. Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth
Adeso is seeking a qualified and committed individual to join the team as the Livelihoods and Enterprise Development Officer in the Lower Juba Region of Somalia. Based in Dhobley/Afamadow, with frequent travelling to other field offices, the Livelihoods and Enterprise Development Officer will be a full time member of the Adeso team.
The Livelihoods and Enterprise Development Officer will help build and maintain an efficient and high performance
working environment, enabling employees and the host communities to enjoy all the benefits of the resilience projects.
- Improve staff and host community capacity in Livelihoods and Enterprise Development.
- Ensure community and local authorities’ liaison for the districts for their understanding and participation of Adeso interventions.
- Increase training capacity for community based staffs on market analysis.
- Present proposed training frame work to management and key stakeholders for feedback.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the guidance of the Program Manager, carry out activities implementation in the respective region of the operation area.
- Conduct training needs assessment for organised community groups for business planning and market analysis.
- Provide weekly and monthly activity plans and ensure its full implementation under the guidance of the Program manager.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly and interim donor reports.
- In liaison with the community leaders, local authorities and the beneficiaries ensure Adeso interventions are well understood with full participation.
- Support and supervise community groups and ensure cordial team working relationship.
- Ensure transparent, gender consideration in the selection of the village relief committees (VRCs)
- In liaison with the VRCs, ensure communities are well aware of Adeso activities, the selection of the beneficiaries and the follow up process are well understood.
- In liaison with the Hawala agent ensure the beneficiaries receive their right entitlement in each cycle.
- Ensure the village relief committees are regularly visited, and they provide regular feedback from the community and the beneficiaries.
- Supervise the beneficiary registration in the identified villages and ensure that beneficiary selection criteria is fully adhered to.
- Carry out performance management for the supervises (Community Mobilizers) as required by HR Policy.
- Ensure close contacts with the community elders and local authorities in the operation area
- Liaise directly with communities, elders and local authorities, as well as other agencies operational in the project locations regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
- Oversee and manage project expenditures, ensure budget is strictly adhered to, financial procedures are observed and all supporting documents are sent to Nairobi as per required schedule.
- Ensure implementation of projects is in conformity with donor guidelines and procedures.
- Identify trouble areas with the project implementation process and notify all relevant office.
- Maintain strong linkage with partners and provide advocacy support as needed.
- In liaison with the M&E officer, ensure the monthly post distribution monitoring is done accordingly and timely.
- Lead, motivate and supervise the community mobilizers in the 2 districts and thus ensure high performing team.
- Review existing business plans and feasibility studies and Conduct training activities or workshops.
- Develop training packages that will enhance marketing skills of the community members and assist its implementation.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Community Development, Business Management or related field.
- Five (5) years working experience in food security/livelihood projects ideally with NGOs.
- Experience in assessment methodologies (PRA, RRA), organizing and implementation of vouchers, market interventions, and cash based response intervention.
- Proven planning, report writing, monitoring and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good IT skills including the use of word excel and database software
- Ability and willingness to make frequent field visits to the project areas
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing program priorities.
- Experience and skills in resilience project programming.
- Work experience in south central Somalia.
- The ability to travel anywhere in South Central Somalia.
- Somali Nationals have added advantage
How to ApplyThis is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to. email@example.com , quoting ‘Livelihoods and Enterprise Development Officer’ in the email subject matter, by 30th June, 2017**. Each application should be addressed to Human Resources Manager and include the following:
- An updated CV with updated contact details: Phone No., Email Address and Skype ID; and
- An application letter which should include cover letter, remuneration requirements and contact information for three work related referees.