Senior Local Governance Planning Advisor for-Hirshabelle State
Title of Position: Senior Local Governance Planning Advisor for Hirshabelle State
Duration of the assignment: 3 months with possibility of extension
Duty station: Jowhar
Supervisor: Director General of the Ministry of Interior
The Ministry of Interior seeks the services of a Local Governance Planning Consultant to support the ministry to implement
programmes in Hirshabelle State of Somalia in line with the Federal Government of Somalia’s governance plan. He/she will serve as
the Ministry’s Local Governance focal point for Hirshabelle.
1. Develop a local governance strategy on political, fiscal and administrative decentralization in the Somali context;
2. Establish systems and processes for enhancing public service delivery;
3. Establish a policy and legal frameworks for decentralization;
4. To harmonize and coordinate the activities of the Federal Government and development partners in establishing local
administrations in the country;
5. Support local communities in the establishment of local Districts councils, through a grassroots bottom up approach that
entails peace building, reconciliation and developing a coordinated electoral process from the villages to district level;
University Degree in Social Science, Public Administration, Political Science or any other relevant field.
q Minimum of four years work experience in local authorities or central government institution responsible for local government,
including training; one year of which should have been spent in Somalia.
q A solid understanding of local administration in Somalia.
q Experience in training and capacity building for local authorities and decentralized delivery of services to communities would be an
q Fluency in written and spoken Somali and English.