WASH Community Mobilization and Training Officer
Polish Humanitarian Action is looking for WASH Community Mobilization and Training Officer.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH)
Position: WASH Community Mobilization and Training Officer (national position)
Location: Jowhar with frequent travels to other areas of Middle Shabelle
Job terms: Fulltime (probation of 3 months)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a nongovernmental organization which mission it is to make the world a better place. For over 20 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running long term missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character – have been carried out in 44 countries so far. Our focus is on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess longstanding
expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH Mission in Somalia:
PAH has been present in Somalia since 2011. With WASH and Nutrition programs PAH supported people from the most vulnerable communities in different regions in Somalia. Our primary focus was to provide safe drinking water through rehabilitation water infrastructure, constructing water distribution systems, and constructing rain water reservoirs. In our work we also focus on other WASH components such as improvement of sanitary conditions, hygiene promotion to make our WASH interventions fully comprehensive. We are implementing ECHO projects targeting the most vulnerable IDP communities in Mogadishu and around as well as UNICEF WASH projects in rural communities and key community institutions in Banadir, Lower and Middle Shabelle.
PAH in Somalia is looking for a WASH Community Mobilization and Training Officer who will become the part of our WASH program team. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- remains the first link between PAH and beneficiaries in communication about PAH activities, beneficiaries feedback and mobilization of communities.
- consults beneficiaries on activities’ design and implementation.
- regularly visits project sites and potential intervention areas to carry out carry out Knowledge Attitude Practice (KAP) surveys in the target areas in order to design appropriate hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion strategies and materials as well as capacity assessments in Administration, Operation and Maintenance (AOM) of Water Hygiene & Sanitation (WASH) services in the target areas with the support and supervision of the Field Project Coordinator
- participates in the selection process of hygiene promoters, O&M personnel, casual workers.
- Organizes, facilitates and supervises trainings of community hygiene promoters, community health workers, WASH committees or similar institutions.
- to strengthen institutional and management capacity of WASH services in the target areas
- Conducts participatory community hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion using Community based approaches.
- Implements an appropriate monitoring system for the project CLTS and hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion activities in line with the project objectives;
- Designs and implements an appropriate monitoring system for the AOM capacity building activities in the target areas in line with the Action objectives.
- Timely prepares and submits of work plans and required reports
- Ensures networking and coordination of activities with other stakeholders and partners
- Ensures the operational efficiency and effectiveness of all project accounting procedures
- Supports clear internal project communications capability
- Performs any other duty assigned by your immediate supervisor or Head of Mission
What PAH requires:
- Diploma in WASH and health related fields
- Minimum 1 year experience in WASH
- Knowledge about WASH related activities especially hygiene promotion and AWD prevention
- Readiness to travel including remote areas
- advanced interpersonal skills
- advanced communication skills
- problem solving skills
- MS Office very good
- Fluent Somali and at least good knowledge of English
- ability to work under time constrains in stressful environment.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents:
- CV including work experience and education
- Cover letter
- Your salary offer
- Three referees with their complete contact information