Young Professional – Local Governance Capacity -Hirshabelle
Title of Position: Young Professional – Local Governance Capacity
Duration of the assignment: 6 months with possibility of extension
Duty station: Jowhar
Supervisor: Director General of the Ministry of Interior
The Ministry of Interior (MOI) wishes to recruit young graduates to support the work of the Department of Local Government
• Support and facilitate an assessment of the Department of Local Governance, MOI and the development of
Department structure, staffing table, vision and work plan, and development of corresponding TORs.
• Support the design of a capacity development strategy for local government administrations.
• Support the departments of planning and local government department in the Ministry to fulfil their obligation
• Support the provision of training in Districts and MOI staff on Decentralization & LG, leadership &
management, participatory public planning & expenditure management.
Graduated from university in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Public Administration or related degree.
· Fluency in both written and spoken English and Somali;
· Computer literate;
· Continuous and steady academic achievement, and progress;
· Demonstrated keen interest in the work of community and social development programmers;
· Demonstrated high learning ability during the years of study; and
· Demonstrated the ability to work as a team.